Follow the below-mentioned procedures to install Video Sharing Script from our site- scripts.thewebomania.com.
Requirement Specification for Video Sharing Script:
- PHP 5.2.x & MySql 5.x.x
- PHP with Background Processing and Exec Enabled
- GD Library For Captchas
- FFMPEG – FLVTOOL2 – MP4Box
Steps to Install Video Sharing Script:
The overall installation can be done in 3 steps:
- New Installation
- Upgrade from v2.x
- Upgrade from v1.x
- First, upload all files to your website folder.
- Then open your website.
- Then Click on “Fresh Installation” and Follow instructions.
Upgrade from v2.x:
- Backup your database.
- Backup your template if you have done any customization.
- Then upload and overwrite the existing files.
- Remove Install.loc file from your website.
- Then Click on “Update from 2.x” and follow all the instructions
Upgrade from v1.x:
- You must create a backup of your database.
- Only VIDEO – MEMBERS and VIDEO COMMENTS will be imported.
- Then upload directory to your website folder.
- Then point your website to Install folder.
- The click on “Update from v1.7” and follow all the instructions.
Steps to follow after successful installation:
Once the successful installation is complete, you must setup Admin Panel and Up Crons.
Setting Up Admin Panel:
- First, Ask your web host for the module paths like FFMPEG, FLVtool2, Mp4Box, and PHP
- You can also get these paths by clicking “Server Modules Info” in Tool Box Menu
- Once you get this path, Goto Website Configurations > “Upload and Conversion” > Enter Paths and Save
- Once you save your settings, go back to “Server Modules Info” where you will find all module status OK.
Setting Up Crons:
- Our Cron jobs require PHP path to run
- After setting the PHP paths, A Video tutorial will be posted soon for setting Cron jobs on cPanel.