One of the best known free FTP clients, FileZilla, is a multi-platform that is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. This free yet powerful FTP client boasts a lot of features, ranging from intuitive User Interface to support for various protocols
Smart FTP Client:
SmartFTP is a professional FTP Client that is available in two variants, offering different levels of features in each. It is available only for Windows-based PCs and there is support for Windows 10 too. In terms of protocol support, it does support FTP, FTPS, SFTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, OneDrive and WebDAV, making SmartFTP is an all-rounder tool in short.
SmartFTP is truly a smart FTP Client with professional quality and features. Talking of pricing, SmartFTP has plans based on number of users. The basic plan of Professional version costs $59.95.
Cyberduck is yet another open-source FTP Client that offers support for specially for Mac OS X and Windows. If you do care about looks of the FTP client you use, you’d be interested in using Cyberduck. Graphical User Interface of Cyberduck is so impressive, especially considering the easiness in terms of browsing files. Quick Look feature lets you have a preview of a file, whereas the support for external editors helps you edit website files instantaneously
Different Component FTP (File Zilla):
- In this filed you have to provide hosting address of your website.
- Here you need to provide your user name of your FTP account.
- Here the password of that particular account.
- For uploading purpose of files to the server, you have to provide “22” as port number .
- Hit quick connect button after setting up the directory path of both local site and remote site. which are mention bellow from 6-9.
- This is the place of local area. Where all the relevant data to your website are resides in your system or computer and need to be uploaded. Set up the exact path from which the web pages and other files are to be upload. eg- C:\users\webomania\website_document is the path where files are situated.
- Here is the place in the remote site or server where you intended to upload your web files. Then set up the path in server.
- It is screen where local site are described clearly by folder wise.
- It is screen where Remote site are described clearly by folder wise.
- Three columns are there for showing list of status whether files are successfully transferred or failed.
- There button are glowing at the time of communication between client and server for status purpose.
Each time after successfully transfer the server is automatically disconnected from client.
How to use FTP:
Step 1: (Login the hosting site using FILE ZILLA)
First user have to authenticate the hosting account by user Id and and password along with the address of the hosting place.
Step 2: (Set up of local and remote directory)
Set up the path of local and remote site from which files will be upload and to which file will be upload.
Step 3: (For uploading)
Put 22 as the port number of Files Transfer Protocol for uploading.
Step 4: (View, Edit or Delete)
After successfully transfer of files, a message of status will be shown below on the screen. If any file become failed or queued for any purpose, you can view and reset from lower panel of screen. And by double clicking any file you can able to view, edit or delete.