HIDDEN TEXT & LINKS: Making the Invisible Visible
- A set of Hidden text and links that are almost invisible or completely invisible to web page users but not to the search engines spiders.
- Hidden text is a form of distorted search engine spamming.
- It’s an oldie way to build a page rank.
Note: In an age, we use these techniques to increase page ranking when websites are determined by only the words on a web page. Later on, this was called “keyword stuffing”. This method no longer works, but people still try it.
HIDDEN TEXT Techniques:
- Using the Same Background Color.
- Using the Same Link Color as Background.
- Using the Same Background Image Color as Text.
- Using Cascading Style Sheets.
- Hidden Visibility in CSS.
- Hiding Text With Z-index Layers.
- CSS Absolute Position Class.
How to check for hidden text and links?
Some techniques are leading websites into misguidance by violating Google Webmaster Guidelines including:
- Using white text on a white background.
- Locating text behind an image.
- Using CSS to position text off-screen.
- Setting the font size to “Zero”(0).
- Hiding a link by only linking one small character—for example, a hyphen in the middle of a paragraph.
- Pure Spam.
- Hacked Site.
- Unnatural links from your site.
- Automatically generated content and infinite spaces.
- Cloaking and/or sneaky redirects.
- Thin content with little or no added value.
- Unnatural links to your site.
- Parked Domains.
- User-generated spam.
- Hidden text and/or Keyword Stuffing.
- Spammy free hosts and dynamic D.N.S providers.
Rules to follow:
- A clear aim leads to visibility, So be focused Whose to show(User/Search Engine Spiders).
- Never Match Font Color with Background Color
- Never Position Text Off-Screen.
- Never Set Text Size to Zero.
- Never Format Links the Same as Text.
- Avoid Hiding Links in Single Characters.
- Use Hidden Div‘s to Display Facebook Comments.
- Don’t hide Text behind Images: Use Alt Tags.
- Don’t hide Videotext: Provide a Transcript.
Hidden Text & links send your website to the banned & penalized from S.E.R.P’s.So, if you think it’s a way to cheat the search engine, Webmasters should go for, improvement of content, their site’s usability & creating more backlinks.By using these & some other detailed techniques website rank will improve but not overnight.