Oscommerce stands for “open source Commerce”. Basically, Oscommerce is an e-commerce and online shopping software program, and it’s a popular free shopping cart with a large community of users that have contributed more than 7500 addons to extends its functionality. OsCommerce runs on any web server like PHP and MySQL installed. It’s available under the free software GNU General Public Licence. It allows PayPal, authorized.net, ipayment, 2checkout as well as offline payment processing.
The common need for online business functionality provided by Oscommerce MS2.2.
Currently, two version of OsCommerce is released.
- Stable Version 2.3
- Development Version 3.0
The open source community developed plugins are developed for either 2.X or 3.0, that are incompatible with one another.
Key Feature of Oscommerce MS2.X:
- Compatible with PHP and MySQL.
- Compatible with all major browsers.
- Multi-lingual English, Spanish, and Chinese by default.
- Automatic installation in the web.
- A number of products and categories.
Automatic setup of e-commerce payment syatem: Authorize.net, @checkout.com, iPayment.de, PsiGate.com & SECPay.com.
- Support multi-currency with a manual update from exchange rate server.
- Dynamic image support.
- Web-based administration module.
- Database backup and restore.
- Temporary permanent shopping cart.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) provide secure transaction.
- Various shopping option includes by weight, price or destination.
- UPS, USPS integration with Real-time shipping quote in Oscommerce.
- Full tax functionality, include compounded taxes, different zones for different products.
Importance of Oscommerce Web Development
OsCommerce provides Category and product management, Multilingual support, Multiple Billing, Order Management and Shipping address, NEWSletter feature, Quick and advancement feature, list the most viewed, product preview, special product, product out of stock list, Guest checkout and account holder check out, shipping functionality, payment process and service, Tax management, secure gateway for online transaction and much more.
This short list is an important feature of OsCommerce development. If your developer highly qualified and skilful, so you can make your own site with highly interactive e-commerce environment website with the custom application and module development.
OsCommerce provides our clients to add unlimited product categories and subcategories.
Oscommerce provides such facility to their users easily add, edit, and remove products, categories, manufacturers, customers, and reviews.
Any online merchants can easily and having less time create full customize the website, including all feature and functionalities.
- Oscommerce use indexed database to store huge amount of products.
Our online merchants benefitted by many types of shipping option, payment and tax options in Oscommerce and also support multi languages and currencies.
Oscommerce provides to take backup and reset and provide to display both side banners like static and dynamic having complete detailed statics.
Hosting By SiteGround includes:
By hosting with SiteGround your OsCommerce site will enjoy top speed, unmatched security, and expert support.And give some facility like:
- Free OsCommerce Installation.
- Free Domain.
- Unlimited Traffic and Emails.
- Expert 24/7 OsCommerce support.
- Free daily backup.
- Free CDN service.
Installation of OsCommerce
SiteGround Offers free installation of OsCommerce. If you try to install yourself then we provide you with Softaculous script installer (located in your account’s cPanel) which will allow you to auto install of OsCommerce in just a few seconds, otherwise we provide you to a tutorial for step by step installation.
- Through this tutorial, you find some guideline for installation process of OsCommerce.
For customize the layout of your store look, there are free OSCommerce templates that you might check out.
If you looking for functionality that you cannot find by default in your Oscommerce, you should consider the huge add-on collection.So we select most popular and useful modules to start with.
Difference between Oscommerce and E-commerce
- E-commerce stands for Electronic commerce from which buying and selling on the net.
- Oscommerce stands for Open Source Commerce which enables you to sell products on the net.
Social Media References: